Lowell and I drove to Jackson, MS, to catch a 4:30 plane to Houston. When the plan arrived in Jackson from Orlando, the engine had a broken piece that had to be flown in. So.......we left Jackson at 6:45, just a little late. The flight was uneventful, the flight attendant told me when I asked him if that engine was safe,"Yes mam, they glued the new piece to the broken piece with Gorrilla Glue ." Made me feel very secure!!

I-Max. Don't we look great in our glasses?




Krista's 8th birthday will be June 21st and we won't be able to see her on the big day, so we brought her present with us. She love Emmy and carried her the entire week-end!!! 
Lisa, Krista, and I also dine at the Tea for Two. It's the cutest little shop with lots of interesting things to looks at and buy. They serve peanutbutter sandwiches and chocoate milk for the children and of course Krista loved that. We had a great time and I always look forward to our "Girl Time".



We arrived safely back in Jackson and then drove to Cleveland after eating at Olive Garden, quite a treat for us. We were both back at work on Mon. and I completed my last week at the Career Center on Friday at 3:30!!!!!!!! My official retirement has begun!!! I probably won't realize that I'm retired until the end of July when school begins.




Krista's 8th birthday will be June 21st and we won't be able to see her on the big day, so we brought her present with us. She love Emmy and carried her the entire week-end!!! 
Lisa, Krista, and I also dine at the Tea for Two. It's the cutest little shop with lots of interesting things to looks at and buy. They serve peanutbutter sandwiches and chocoate milk for the children and of course Krista loved that. We had a great time and I always look forward to our "Girl Time".


We arrived safely back in Jackson and then drove to Cleveland after eating at Olive Garden, quite a treat for us. We were both back at work on Mon. and I completed my last week at the Career Center on Friday at 3:30!!!!!!!! My official retirement has begun!!! I probably won't realize that I'm retired until the end of July when school begins. Lowell spent Sat. morning trimming bushes and I set up my classroom for VBS which will be June 2-4. We're hoping to have a good 3 days. Debbie McCarter, Beth Hutchens, Betty Magee, and I will be the teachers. I'm trying to write a script for the puppets and so far I haven't come up with many creative ideas. If you've got any great ideas for a puppet show, let me know ASAP. Lisa's children's minister has really helped me out a lot. I'm teaching about Jonah and that just happens to be the theme of their entire VBS!!! Got some good ideas, thanks to Jennifer.
We're leaving Thurs. morning for Denison for a few days with David's family. Christine will be flying to Nashville Fri. for her sister's wedding and we'll be helping with the children. Will be driving home on Monday. That Thurs. June 12, the Harding Girls will be gathering in Cleveland. Really looking forward to a great time with them.
I'm soooooo proud that I've completed 2 blogs in May!!!!! Maybe I can keep this up. Take care and I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:
oh, i enjoyed that so much! i'm glad you started blogging again. now that you are going to have so much time on your hands you'd better keep us up to date on all your exciting adventures! :)
the retirement party looked very nice and your memorial day weekend looked like fun. :)
Post a Comment